wan·der·lust

From reporting in Wrangell to teaching in Tanzania and Bhutan to, now, transitioning to life in the capital city of Juneau – some words on a life in flux.

11 June 2009

Bidding to Write

My “office” for today and the past two days has been the Wrangell Medical Center. I recently won a bid to write their summer newsletter. I’ve never bid on anything professional, but let’s just say I made myself cheap and won the bid by a landslide. The taste of employment, even for a few days, can sometimes be priceless.

It’s been eight months since I was a reporter and while newsletter writing is not exactly reporting, it still involves tracking people down, interviewing them, and sometimes breaking down that invisible wall and getting to something really personal. It feels oddly weird and comforting to find myself doing something I’m actually good at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home