wan·der·lust

From reporting in Wrangell to teaching in Tanzania and Bhutan to, now, transitioning to life in the capital city of Juneau – some words on a life in flux.

17 March 2010

More Views From Meru


View of Kili from Meru.


In the bottom left corner of this photo, you can see Saddle Hut camp, where we stayed the night before the summit.


Scott and I at the summit of Little Meru the afternoon before we made the real summit. Little Meru was at over 13,000 feet. I look very happy in this photo and I was really happy. It was a gorgeous afternoon. My knees hadn't failed me yet. Little Meru was deceptive as it helped perpetuate the idea that the real summit wouldn't be that hard.


Sunrise at the summit.



During our descent. View from the crater rim of Mt. Meru with Kili in the background.


View of the ash cone inside the crater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home