wan·der·lust

From reporting in Wrangell to teaching in Tanzania and Bhutan to, now, transitioning to life in the capital city of Juneau – some words on a life in flux.

29 November 2011

H-E-Double Hockey Sticks

A couple days ago I am walking home with three class IV girls. They are sighing and lamenting over all the dead bugs in the road.

One of them explains, “Sir Phuntsho says that if we eat meat, we’ll go to hell, so we don’t eat meat.”
I reply, “Am I going to go to hell?”
The girl’s face turns to a smile and she laughs, “No, ma’am.”
“But I eat meat,” I say.
Her face turns serious and she says quietly, “Then you’re going to hell.”

2 Comments:

Blogger Vicky and Ian said...

We don't eat meat but we do kill cockroaches. I guess we will see you there!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I guess that we ALL will have fun there with ALL of our friends!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home