wan·der·lust

From reporting in Wrangell to teaching in Tanzania and Bhutan to, now, transitioning to life in the capital city of Juneau – some words on a life in flux.

13 January 2006

Friday the 13th

I just had a thought. It’s past 4:30 on a Friday and I’m in the office trying to get something done before the actual weekend starts. I’m in the midst of transcribing an interview that I had with Leonard Campbell, the current oldest member of a family that has been in Wrangell 107 years, and I’m also hoping that people who I left messages with call me back for another story, and I know I’ll have to come into the office at least once at some point this weekend, and I thought, This is it. This is my life. This is what I do. I’m a reporter. This is what I do for a living. And as I thought those things, I smiled to myself. Just a smile, as natural as can be, as knowing as can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home