wan·der·lust

From reporting in Wrangell to teaching in Tanzania and Bhutan to, now, transitioning to life in the capital city of Juneau – some words on a life in flux.

29 October 2008

This is Who's Been Keeping Me Up All Night



The past two nights I've fallen asleep to the barks, yelps, and whines of this little guy. He belongs to the people who live across the street. He's left outside all night and all day, tied on a short leash to his dog house. I wish I could say this is rare in Barrow, but it's not. I've been barked at some many times by the same dogs tied to their houses, to fences, to anything that's outside in the cold and wind. Usually I've been pretty scared of these dogs. But not this guy. Look at him. I played with him for a short while, as much as one can play with a dog that's tied up so tightly. He was desperate to be pet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home