wan·der·lust

From reporting in Wrangell to teaching in Tanzania and Bhutan to, now, transitioning to life in the capital city of Juneau – some words on a life in flux.

14 October 2008

Three

My job was a bust today. An absolute bust. We had all the equipment set up and no one showed up for an interview.

But…

Three whales were caught today!

I heard about it this afternoon but I wasn’t able to get out there until around 6 pm. By that time the whales had been cut into pretty good. I rode out with Edith, Doreen, and their friend whose name now escapes me. Edith had told me to wear my warmest clothes. I did pretty well except I forgot my gloves and since I was taking pictures, my hands instantly froze. Standing out there amongst the whale harvesting was by far the coldest I’ve ever been.

I’m going to post pictures tomorrow. I’ve never been good at writing descriptively anyway, and for something like this, you just have to see it.

(This is fair warning for anyone who does not want to see bloody whale. Do not look at the pictures on tomorrow’s post.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home