wan·der·lust

From reporting in Wrangell to teaching in Tanzania and Bhutan to, now, transitioning to life in the capital city of Juneau – some words on a life in flux.

27 September 2012

Isaack

These aren't the best photos in the world, but I think they capture Isaack's spirit quite well. Isaack took these self portraits back in 2010. He hasn't changed that much, except for getting smarter and wiser, as many of our students did during the time Scott and I were gone. When I started the Newspaper Club, Isaack was one of my star reporters. Upon returning to Orkeeswa, I'm again running the Newspaper Club and Isaack signed up. His writing and motivation have multiplied ten-fold. He doesn't just interview people and ask questions; he asks good questions. He can churn out a story at an incredible speed and when I ask him to get this photo or that photo, he's on it. For so many more reasons, Isaack is such an incredible person, but it would take me hours to get them all down. What I can say is that it's students like Isaack that make everyday here worth it, that remind Scott and I how lucky we are to be here. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home