wan·der·lust

From reporting in Wrangell to teaching in Tanzania and Bhutan to, now, transitioning to life in the capital city of Juneau – some words on a life in flux.

25 July 2011

Three Small Birds

This morning, I woke up for the second time and saw Scott come into the bedroom. He was about to get into the shower after his morning run. “How was your run?” I groggily asked, as I normally do. “Did you see the old lady?” Scott was at the window, adjusting the curtains. Noticing the brighter than normal morning light, I continued, “It looks nice out there, huh?”

“If you look now you’ll be able to see a snow-capped mountain.” Even though it’s been weeks, maybe months, since we’ve had a view of the Himalayas, I hesitated; I had just woken after all. “Aren’t you going to look?” Scott pressed. “It’s going to go away soon.”

I got out of bed and, Scott was right, I saw beyond mountains, one snow-covered peak. The morning was beautiful with clouds scattered in front of the mountains.

Scott went to shower, I to the living room where there’s all windows. Immediately in front of the house are electrical lines and I noticed three small birds perched on them. Scott was right again. Within seconds, the birds and I watched as a wall of clouds moved in front of the one white peak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home