wan·der·lust

From reporting in Wrangell to teaching in Tanzania and Bhutan to, now, transitioning to life in the capital city of Juneau – some words on a life in flux.

28 November 2006

Snow Day

It’s almost midnight on the second to last day of November and I just finished writing up the city council story and a fresh blanket of snow has covered the sidewalks and streets. Earlier, when I saw from my desk the snow falling outside the window, I thought my eyes were playing a trick on me.

It’s at times like these, as I’m about to start my 25-minute trek home, when I wish ‘snow days’ existed in Wrangell. Those days when businesses and schools shut down and we were left to sleep late and fill our daytime hours with other things, like sledding and watching bad television.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could not agree with you more Lisa, one of my fondest childhood memories was waking up and turning on the radio waiting for those three precious words "Rosemount Schools Closed!"

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home