wan·der·lust

From reporting in Wrangell to teaching in Tanzania and Bhutan to, now, transitioning to life in the capital city of Juneau – some words on a life in flux.

20 February 2007

Drive By

I received my first drive by tip last night. I was walking home from the school board meeting and I noticed a low pick up truck, which had already driven past me once, start to slow down as it approached me again. It was filled with three or four young men in their early twenties perhaps. I thought they were going to offer me a ride home, but they didn't. I didn’t recognize them.

“Have you heard about the controversy in the police department?”

No, I said. What controversy?

“The animal cruelty.”

What are you talking about? I asked again. Who?

“Bruce,” the driver, the only one who spoke to me, said. “You should look into it.”

Alright, I said.

And they drove off.

1 Comments:

Blogger christopher jette said...

When I grow up I want to change the world like Lisa.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home