wan·der·lust

From reporting in Wrangell to teaching in Tanzania and Bhutan to, now, transitioning to life in the capital city of Juneau – some words on a life in flux.

29 March 2006

(no subject)

It’s the third to last day of March. I haven’t been keeping up with my blog as of late. As of late I’ve realized that my reading public is a lot larger than I had suspected and a lot closer. I reacted quickly to this revelation and erased an entry that in hindsight was harmless. All my entries are harmless, in fact, as they are my opinions, my thoughts and my thoughts have never really disturbed anyone but myself.

My blog was set up to allow my friends who are faraway a glimpse into my life, what I do here, how I feel, my observations. As hard as I try and think I’m somewhat good at, keeping in touch with everyone I’d like to keep in touch with, while also living my own present life, is difficult. I won’t say it’s impossible, because nothing is impossible, but it’s extremely difficult.

I’ve gotten good feedback from what I’ve posted on this page. I like having my friends read my musings, my varying sadness, my adventures on this island. And I like it for myself. It allows me another space to churn out thoughts, to put out words that won’t make it in the local paper. And it will be a recorded testament of my time here which I can look back at during a later stage of my life and replay old thoughts, an old self.

It seems natural that now I feel a bit more restrained when it comes to writing these blog entries. A blog is never meant to be private, but I had somehow made myself believe that only those I knew would read it.

But as it’s turned out, that’s not the case. And I’m ok with that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Tozzo said...

Hello...my name is mike tozzo. I am going to Juneau next weekend, would you like to go? Circle one of the answers to let me know!

yes/no

10:41 AM  
Blogger Jaime Schwarz said...

Never fear, Chappaqua is watching you.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home